Monday 13 January 2014

The last 11

Okay, I know my number is wrong. In my defense, I have never claimed to be skilled in Math. I have done a kindness every day though, whether it was something as simple as complimenting someone on an outfit or donating money to some charitable organization. And for those who don't believe me, I will tell you that for one whole year we made a $30 donation to a children's hospital every month, so that counts as an extra twelve. But here is the final list.

1. I took a donut to Santa today. It was J's idea.

2. I put change in the Salvatoin Army jar.

3. We put a small toy in the Toy Drive. Christmas makes it so easy to be nice, doesn't it?

4. I shoveled my neighbour's driveway.

5. We made some visits on Christmas day to bring holiday greetings and cards. And spread some cookies around.

6. We visited my mom and I cleaned up the kitchen for her. Not that her kitchen is messy, but I did it before she got the chance. Hey, she was entertaining my kids so it was the least I could do.

7. We had to go home early from my parents' house so I could take J to the Dr. I took in a belated Christmas card for the after-hours clinic staff. And some cookies.

8. At the pharmacy I had a chat with the cashier. She looked tired so I was friendly and happy to cheer her up. It seemed to work, because she laughed at something I said. Side note: It was difficult to be cheery because I'd been to the doctor twice with J at that point and E was getting sick. That and I had about three hours of sleep in the previous week.....

9. I had to take E to the doctor for his symptoms, so I brought in cookies for the staff again.

10. E required a second doctor's visit, just like J had. That has nothing to do with the day's kindness, I just thought I'd bring it up. The day before New Year's Eve I bought someone a coffee. Knowing this would be the last time in 2013 I did this, I was happy it was appreciated this time.

11. My final kindness of the year was fairly anticlimactic. Sorry to say I did  not plan a big, fantastic event for the celebration of the year's end. I simply shoveled another driveway.

No comments:

Post a Comment