Tuesday 12 November 2013

Kindnesses 300-310

Now that I'm in my final hundred group, I think my count is off. I have done something nice every day, but I am not known for my math skills. Yes, I know, it's counting. So to make up for that, I am going to throw in a few extra kindnesses until the end of the year.

300: I let a guy with three kids go in front of me in the grocery store. I had two kids, but three tops it. And E had helped himself to a few Kinder eggs to keep himself occupied. I don't condone Kinder eggs, but he's the next Inspector Gadget with his Go-go Gadget arm.......

Bonus: I paid for the eggs, although it put me over budget.

301: I looked after a friend of J's for the afternoon, so his mom could get some shopping done.

302: I looked after a friend of E's, so his mom could go to the doctor and do some Christmas shopping.

303: I donated $2 to the Remembrance Day fund for poppies. Not many people donate that much.

304: I helped a lady up when she fell on the icy sidewalk. She just had knee surgery and needed the assistance. Another woman helped too.

305: I paid the bus fare for a lady I see on the bus all the time. She's an older woman who volunteers at the hospital, putting on puppet shows for the patients. She didn't have her wallet that day, so I gave her the money.

306: I brought in several garbage and recycling bins on our street. The wind in Peterborough is terrible and they were blowing all over the road again. One garbage bin hit our window.

307: I donated some canned food to the food drive at the grocery store. This has become a habit (donating food or money) on grocery day, and one I will definitely continue next year.

308: I took the kids on a play date and brought homemade granola bars for everyone in their large family. I would have just taken a loaf of banana bread, but although I know there's one in there, our freezer is a jungle of baked goods.

309: I brought home treats for the family, in the form of flavoured hot chocolate.

310: I took E to the resource centre downtown and it was garbage day in that area. Again the wind had blown bins into the street, and since it was downtown the road was very busy. I retrieved three bins and secured them against houses and fences. I don't know if they belonged to those houses but the citizens can figure that one out. At least there won't be a car accident.

Bonus: I also replaced the cover on someone's motorcycle. It was parked on the front lawn and only hooked onto the handle bars. I covered the bike again. Someone came out of the house and thought I was stealing the bike. Rather than point out the fact(s) that I was pushing a stroller, didn't have any hot wiring apparatus on my person at the time and the most obvious, that I was covering the bike, not uncovering it, I walked away. So much for appreciation.

No comments:

Post a Comment