Tuesday 19 November 2013

Kindnesses 311-318

310: I was on the bus today and gave up my seat for someone with a stroller. I have seen her once or twice and she said thank you this time, I think because she recognized me. I have done this before for the same mother and she ignored me.


312: I went in to J's class to volunteer with spelling help. I always forget about this one, but I do it every two weeks. It's really too much fun to be considered a good deed, but the kids benefit so I'm using it.

313: I gave out cookies at the bus stop to some parents who are there every day. They were homemade of course. The best oatmeal cookies ever. That should count as two.

314: I helped out the mom of the boy I provide daycare for by meeting him off the bus. She was running late at the store and wasn't going to be there in time to get him from his regular stop, so I told the bus driver that I would wait with him for his mom. I'm already an authorized grown up for him so it wasn't a concern. I gave him a snack and he was picked up.

315: : I donated to one of the numerous Christmas funds for a local group. One that raises money so families can have food.

316: I gave a quarter to someone at the grocery store for their cart. It makes up for the many times I have been quarterless in the same situation, and people have helped me out.

317: I donated some money to the Save the Children fund through J's school, to help the children of the Phillipines after the hurricane.

318: I baked 100 muffins for the school Breakfast for Learning program, and sent them in with J. I will be doing this every five or six weeks.

Bonus: I looked after J's friend for a few minutes before school and put him on the bus, because his mom got called into work.

No comments:

Post a Comment