Monday 9 December 2013

The next seven

Okay, I forget what number I'm on and I don't want to go back to check, but I know I have seven kindnesses to record so here goes:

1. I cleaned poop off the sidewalk again. Yes, this is the second time I've done that. It's not my favourite activity, but most people in our neighbourhood like to keep it clean. That said, there are those who never pick up after their pets and there are also a lot of children using the sidewalks. I wore gloves and I did it for the kids.

2. I braved the crowds to do some Christmas shopping for my husband. December=busy people=grumpy and rude people=not my favourite time to shop. Let's be honest, I hate shopping at the best of times.

3. I gave some of my homemade yogurt to a friend. Weird, yes, but a labour of love.

4. I brought in several recycling bins, for the simple fact that they were annoying me. Hey, it's still nice.

5. I put money in a charity jar for something or other. I'm not sure what it was for, because at this time of year there were about six jars to choose from. I picked the red one, which says to me Salvation Army.....?

6. I was at my nephew's birthday party at an indoor playground with bouncy castles and an arcade. I gave some tokens to another child who wanted to play some games. We had lots.

7. I shoveled my neighbour's driveway.

No comments:

Post a Comment