Monday 2 December 2013

Kindnesses 319-332

Wow it's been a while, hasn't it? I knew that because I wrote all my good deeds down, but when my desk got overtaken by sticky notes I figured it was time to transfer them to the electronic section. It's been a busy couple of weeks. Who am I kidding? It's been a busy couple of years. Here goes:

319: I gave a coffee card to one of the nice bus drivers, just to show that we appreciate the kindness of public figures. I don't know if that's the right term, but they deal with the public all the time and it's better when they are nice.

320: I held the door for a family with two kids. I guess they started Christmas shopping early, because all four of them were loaded with bags. Someone else had gone ahead and let the door shut, so I moved in front to open it again.

321: I helped a blind man navigate his way to the bus. He nearly ran me over because the terminal was so busy, but I didn't get upset. He felt pretty bad, but I assured him it was okay and helped him onto the bus by telling him when it was clear to go and what seats were free.

322: I bought coffee for the guy in line behind me. That one is a 50/50 for reactions. Some people are grateful, while others give me dirty looks or even snap at me. This guy gave me a dirty look.

323: I let someone use my ten-ride pass for the bus, because she didn't have fare on her. She said a quick thank you but didn't seem very grateful. 'Tis the season, I suppose.

324: I bought J some new gloves and donated his old ones, which are still like new, to charity for kids who don't have enough snow gear.

325: I took cookies in for J's class.

326: I shoveled the neighbour's driveway. Finally, end of November and there's snow!

327: I put some cans in the local food drive bin.

328: I sent in $4 for a family to have a Christmas dinner through one of the local churches. Is it just me, or does this time of year make it really easy to be nice? I wonder why everyone's so grumpy.....

329: Inspired by the poor reaction last time, I bought another coffee for someone behind me. This time the lady was happy about it, and thanked me.

330: I brought in recycling and garbage bins today. It wasn't a crazy wind storm, but I still thought it was nice.\Besides, the bins were out two days late so I figured these people were pretty busy.

331:I helped the boys decorate the house for Christmas. We only started a bit, but E got a kick out of the green, fake tree stuff on the banister and J really liked his window covered in lights.

332: I used my ten-ride pass for someone else today who was rushing out the door and forgot her pass. She was very grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment